The City received an application for a Conditional Use Permit and Development Plan Review for the construction of a two-story, 150 bed Community Care Facility for Seniors (Independent Living and Assisted Living) on the site of the Casa Carmen Guest Home, an existing Community Care Facility (Adult Resident Facility/Developmentally Disabled) licensed for 81 beds.
The goal of this web page is to provide the public with a way to access the latest happenings occurring with the development and to answer questions about the development. We encourage interested persons to contact the Planning Department directly if you have any questions or concerns.
Recent Project Approvals
- The Planning Commission conducted a noticed public hearing pursuant to Sections 21.01.030 and 21.03.050 of the Glendora Municipal Code on February 7, 2017. The project was unanimously approved.
- The Planning Commission voted to approved an 18-month time extension to allow the applicant and property owner additional time to begin construction. The applicant cited changes in the operation of the facility and architectural theme of the building, as well as coordinating with the State to relocate existing residents of Casa Carmen as causing an unavoidable delay to the project. The Planning Commission approved the time extension on July 17, 2018.
Significant Activity and Schedule
- Concept Review for a similar, three-story project was completed in July 2015 (PLN15-0333).
- The proposed project meets the development standards required by the City’s Zoning Code and the site is zoned Medical Services (GMC 21.05.020).
- On January 23, 2017, the City hosted an INFORMATIONAL MEETING related to the application (PLN16-0046) at the Crowther Teen and Family Center. The applicant gave a brief description of the project and answered questions from the audience.
- On July 17, 2018, the Planning Commission approved an 18-month time extension for the project. At this same meeting, the Planning Commission approved minor changes to the project, including a change in operations of the proposed facility to now include a Memory Care component and changes in the architectural theme of the proposed building.
- Glendora Planning Department > Sean McPherson, Senior Planner (626) 852-4818 or email@example.com
- Applicant > Ariel Aber, firstname.lastname@example.org
Draft Project Plans from the February 7, 2017 Planning Commission meeting.
Revised Project Plans from the July 17, 2018 Planning Commission meeting.
Link to February 7, 2017 Planning Commission meeting agenda and supporting documentation: (See item 3):
Link to July 17, 2018 Planning Commission meeting agenda and supporting documentation (See item 3):