||422 S. Glendora Avenue, Glendora CA 91740|
|Assessor's ID No:||8639-014-006 and 8639-014-007|
||File No. PLN18-0039|
Project Description and Location:
Demolition of an existing vacant single-family home and garage and construction of a new 2-story commercial office building will include four separate tenant l spaces on two floors, two bathrooms and a roof deck. The project site is approximately 10,256 square feet and located at 422 S. Glendora Avenue, which is at the south-eastern corner of Glendora Avenue and Lemon Avenue. The site is north of an existing railroad right-of-way owned by Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority and is located within 500 feet of the proposed Metro Gold Line Glendora Station.
The following discretionary approvals will be considered:
Demolition of an existing vacant single-family home and garage and construction of a new multi-tenant 2-story commercial office building on an approximately 10,256 square foot site located at 422 S. Glendora Avenue, which is at the south-eastern corner of Glendora Avenue and Lemon Avenue.
The project involves the following discretionary approvals from the City of Glendora:
- General Plan Amendment to change the General Plan (Community Plan 2025) land use designation from Medium/High Density Residential to General Commercial. The existing zoning of Limited retail business (C-2) is inconsistent with the site’s General Plan designation of Medium/High Density Residential. The proposed General Plan designation of General Commercial allows development of retail businesses, professional offices, automotive services, and other similar businesses. The change would also make the site’s existing C-2 zoning consistent with the General Plan land use designation of General Commercial.
- Nonconforming Lot Development Plan Review for the approval of the 2-story commercial office building development plans; and
- Certificate of Compliance (COC) to consolidate the two lots into one and certify that it complies with applicable laws.
Public Hearings and Environmental:
With assistance from Romo Planning Group the City completed an Initial Study on the project in accordance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). The Draft Initial Study (IS)concluded that the project will not have a significant effect on the environment with inclusion of mitigation measures and a Draft Mitigated Negative Declaration (“MND”) has been prepared. The public review period for the CEQA IS/MND commenced on commencing December 18, 2019 and will conclude on January 17, 2020.
The Planning Commission will hold a public hearing to receive and consider all evidence and reports relating to the application/project. The Planning Commission is tentatively scheduled for February 4, 2019 (7:00 pm City Council Chambers, 116 E. Foothill Boulevard, Glendora City Hall). The Planning Commission is an advisory body on this matter and will make a recommendation to the City Council. A hearing before the City Council will be conducted at a later date.
|Glendora Planning Division:||
Mark Carnahan, City Planner
|Applicant / Owner Contact:||Mark Cofer, The Mark and Al Team, Inc.
140 S. Grand Ave., Suite F, Glendora CA 91741
- Proposed Project Plans
- CEQA Notice of Intent
- Initial Study / Mitigated Negative Declaration - Draft Document
- Initial Study / Mitigated Negative Declaration - Appendices