The Records Bureau hours are changing effective September 17, 2018. The Records Bureau will be open Monday through Saturday 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. for public service. Records is closed on Sundays and all City holidays.
However, some services may be limited to certain days/hours of the week, and/or available by appointment only. We encourage the public to call our department at (626) 914-8270 before visiting in order to check and confirm all necessary materials needed for a particular service, and to make sure the proper personnel are available to process the service you are requesting.
Front Counter Information and Online Services:
COPIES OF APPROVED RELEASABLE REPORTS:
- Crime or Incident – First five pages free (0.15¢ each additional page)
- Traffic Collision Report - $20.00 (additional $10.00 fee for online report)
- Arrest Reports Available at Court
Please bring photo ID. Payment may be made by cash or check. Credit card payments are accepted for amounts over $10.00 only (Visa or MasterCard). Some requests may take up to 10 days to process if not processed over the counter.
VEHICLE IMPOUND RELEASE:
Fee: $120.00 (payable by cash or credit card only)
To obtain a release of an impounded vehicle, you must present all of the following:
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proof that you are the current registered owner or legal owner. If the vehicle was taken for 30 days due to a licensing violation, the registered owner (if the driver at time of impoundment) must have valid identification and have a second person with a valid driver’s license to get vehicle released.
- 30 day impounds may be released earlier than the 30 days with reinstatement of the driver’s license and proof of current vehicle insurance.
- Payment of appropriate fee – cash or credit card only.
You must first obtain a release from the police department prior to picking up at the tow yard. The vehicles are stored at Jan’s Towing, 134 North Valencia, Glendora, CA 91741. Their fees will vary with the type of vehicle stored and the time elapsed since the date of storage. Please contact them directly at (626) 914-1649 for their fee schedule.
RELEASE OF PROPERTY FROM IMPOUNDED VEHICLE:
Property can only be released to the registered owner of the vehicle. The registered owner must obtain a letter from the Records Bureau listing the property to be released. The registered owner will then take the letter to Jan’s Towing to obtain their property.
TRAFFIC CITATION VERIFICATION OF EQUIPMENT REPAIR:
Performed by an on-duty Cadet or by an Officer who may be requested to respond from the field.
- Issued by Glendora Police Department – No charge
- Issued by another Agency - $25.00
By appointment only. Please call (626) 914-8250 to schedule an appointment or for further information.
SUBPOENAS - CIVIL ACTIONS:
Subpoenas for records should be served to the City Clerk, located at 116 East Foothill Boulevard, Glendora, CA 91741. The exact amount due will be determined prior to the production of documents. However, please attach a check (minimum amount $15.00) to the subpoena upon delivery.
Subpoenas for police department personnel appearances should be served on the City Clerk and require a $275.00 payment at time of service. Civil subpoenas require 15 days between date of service and actual appearance, as required, to allow for adequate notification.
VEHICLE REPOSSESSION RELEASE RECEIPT:
- Fee = $15.00 (payable by cash or credit card only)
A vehicle repossession release receipt may be obtained from an on-duty Cadet or Records Specialist. The receipt will only be issued to the registered owner of the vehicle.