The Community Academy is an outreach program to demystify the workings of your police department. Participants learn about the various duties and activities of the police department and criminal justice system. The Citizen's Academy is held once a year at the Glendora Police Facility.
The classes are held one night a week for 8 - 12 weeks (dependent on schedule), with the final week as the graduation dinner. To participate you must be 18 years of age and reside, work, or go to school in the city of Glendora. The Citizen's Academy also serves as a basic core course for persons who wish to become Auxiliary Volunteers.
Next Class Begins March, 2020
- Citizen's Academy Application (PDF Format)
- Contact the Crime Prevent Unit for More Information
- (626) 914-8268
- There is no charge to participate in Citizen's Academy
- Participate in Mock Traffic Stops
- Learn How GPD Uses Social Media
- Learn About Crime Scene Investigation and How to Fingerprint
- Learn About Fraud & Identity Theft
- Tour the Glendora Police Department Jail
FOLLOW US ONLINE!