The City has received an application for a Development Plan Review, Tentative Tract Map, Zone Change, and General Plan Amendment for the construction of 31 detached condominiums on a 4.15 acre site (7.5 dwelling units per acre). The subject property is currently zoned Single-family Estate (E-6) and is proposed to be changed to Restricted Multiple-family Residential (R-2) with a Planned Development overlay. The proposed project will require an amendment to the General Plan, shifting the designation from Low Density to Medium Density. The proposed two-story houses will vary in size from approximately 2,300 square feet to 2,950 square feet and would include three or four bedrooms.
The goal of this web page is to provide the public with a way to access the latest happenings occurring with the development and to answer questions about the development. We encourage interested persons to contact the Planning Department directly if you have any questions or concerns.
Recent Project Approvals
- None. Property owners within a 2,000 foot (this project has a 2,000 foot notification radius because it includes a General Plan Amendment) radius were notified that the public hearing was scheduled for Sept. 5, 2017.
NOTE: AT THE THE SEPTEMBER 5TH MEETING THE ITEM WAS CONTINUED TO THE OCTOBER 3RD PLANNING COMMISSION MEETING. AT THE APPLICANT'S REQUEST IT WAS CONTINUED AGAIN TO THE NOVEMBER 7TH PLANNING COMMISSION MEETING. ON NOVEMBER 7TH, THE APPLICANT REQUESTED THE ITEM BE CONTINUED TO A DATE UNCERTAIN WHILE THE ENVIRONMENTAL DOCUMENTATION WAS COMPLETED. THE ITEM WILL BE NOTICED AGAIN WHEN IT RETURNS TO THE PLANING COMMISSION.
Notice is hereby given that the Glendora Planning Commission will conduct a public hearing pursuant to Sections 21.01.030 and 21.03.050 of the Glendora Municipal Code in the City Council Chambers at 116 East Foothill Boulevard, Glendora, California 91741.
Date & Time: November 7, 2017 at 7:00 p.m.
Project Number: PLN16-0058
Subject Property: 1237 Bonnie Cove Avenue
Request: Consideration of a Zone Change (to R-2 with a Planned Development overlay), General Plan Amendment (to Medium Density), Tentative Tract Map, and Development Plan Review of three parcels for the development of 31 detached condominium units.
Assessor’s No: 8641-014-005, 006, and 039
Applicant: Clearwater Communities
Owner: Wayne Lee Development, Inc.
General Plan: Low Density (1.1 -3 dwelling units/acre)
Zone: E-6 (Single-Family Estate)
Historical Status: The subject property is not listed on any historical or cultural resource lists and is not included within any such districts or designated areas.
Environmental: CEQA does not require environmental review or preparation of an environmental document for a project which is rejected.
Notice Date: August 24, 2017 & October 26, 2017
Significant Activity and Schedule
- Concept Review for a similar project was completed in April 2016 (PLN16-0016).
- Staff is recommending denial of the project as proposed.
- If the City Council has a favorable response to the project, staff would complete the environmental documentation before returning to Council for approval of the project.
- Glendora Planning Department > Mark Carnahan, Senior Planner (626) 914-8253 or email@example.com
- Applicant > CLEARWATER COMMUNITIES> Tom Lee (949) 333-2205 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Plans (DRAFT)