APPLY FOR A PERMIT
Apply for a permit in person at the Public Works Counter using the Public Works Plan Check/Permit Worksheet form.
All work in the public right-of-way requires a permit to be obtained by a properly licensed contractor. All work shall be done per City of Glendora Standard Designs & Specifications. At least 24 hours prior notice is required for all Public Works inspections. Please call (626) 914-8246 to schedule an inspection appointment.
Requests for engineering plans shall be submitted in person to the Public Works Counter using Engineering Plan Request Form.
GRADING PLAN REVIEW
For earthwork greater than 50 cubic yards a Grading Plan is required. The Grading Plan shall be prepared by a Registered Engineer per the California Building Code, latest revision. Links to guidelines and resources for submitting a Grading Plan for review are provided below.
After Grading Plan review and approval, applicant shall submit Grading Certifications and Inspection Letters during the different phases of the project. Links to certification and inspection letter formats are provided below.
- Rough Grade Certification by Soils Engineer
- Rough Grade Certification by Civil Engineer
- Fill Inspection Certification by Soils Engineer
- Fill Toe Inspection Certification by Soils Engineer
- Cut Slope Inspection Certification by Soils Engineer
- Final Soils Certification by Soils Engineer
- Final Grading Certification by Civil Engineer
- Drainage Device Inspection Certification
- Grading Certification by Contractor
- Supervised Grading Report Civil Engineer
Bonds are required for grading projects. Links to bond forms are provided below.
- Faithful Performance Bond form
- Faithful Performance Bond form Subdivision
- Grading Bond form
- Labor and Material Bond form
- Labor and Material Bond form Subdivision
DRAINAGE PLAN REVIEW
For earthwork less than 50 cubic yards a Drainage Plan is required. The Drainage Plan may be prepared by the applicant per DRAINAGE PLAN/S.W.P.P.P. Basic Format Requirements for non-Engineered Plan. This submittal also applies to pool construction. Learn more about Drainage Plan/S.W.P.P.P. Requirements.
Links to development project guidelines and applications are provided below.
- Tentative Tract/Parcel Map Review Guidelines
- Final Map Checklist
- Final Tract/Parcel Map Application
- Street Plan Preparation Guidelines
- Water Plan Preparation Guidelines
- Los Angeles County Sewer Maintenance Division Plan Review Process
- Subdivision Improvements Agreement
- Indemnity Agreement
- Recycled Materials Certification Form
GUIDELINES FOR LEGAL DESCRIPTIONS AND PLATS
Legal and plats associated with processing grants of easement and declarations of dedication for public road and/or utility easements as required by the Public Works Department for conditions of approval for Tracts, Parcel Maps, Plot Plans, and other conditioned cases. Learn more about requirements for legal descriptions and plats.