Library card holders can request materials the library does not own by generating an interlibrary loan request in one of two ways:
- Completing an Interlibrary Loan Request form at the Information Desk.
- Accessing WorldCat via the Glendora library's web site.
Interlibrary Loans can be requested for books only, not audio books, movies, etc.
A $2.00 fee per item requested is charged to the card holder's account when the request is initiated. The library card holder will be notified by phone or email when the item arrives, and payment may be made when picking up the item. The fee is for requesting the item, and is charged even if all lending institutions deny the loan request.
Non-Loanable Interlibrary Loan Materials
- Non-fiction books with publication date less than 6 months from date of request.
- Fiction books with publication dates less than 1 year from date of request
- Reference materials
- Any Audiovisual materials: includes videos, DVD, software, audio books on CD, music CDs
- Literacy materials
- Local history, EIR's