The City’s fiscal year begins July 1st and ends June 30th. The annual budget is developed in meetings open to the public. The budget applicable to the upcoming fiscal year is annually adopted by the end of June. The adopted annual budget is posted on the City’s website. Hard copy editions of the budget are also available in the City Clerk’s office for review.
The Finance Director presents monthly reviews of the City’s financial status every September, October, November, December, March, April, May and June. A midyear review of the City’s financial status is presented to the City Council every February. All meetings open to the public. In addition, at each City Council meeting, disbursement reports are presented to the City Council for review and approval.
Each year, the City Council engages a registered independent accounting firm to conduct an examination of the City's annual financial statements. The City Council meets with the independent accountants in a public meeting in December to discuss the financial statements and the audit report. The independent accountants are available to respond to appropriate questions from the public. The Comprehensive Annual Financial Report and the Auditor's Report covering the preceding fiscal year are posted to the City's website, along with the Current Fiscal Year Adopted Budget and all are available to the public for review at City Hall. Copies will be provided upon payment of a copying fee.
|CITY COUNCIL MEMBER COMPENSATION|
Members of the City Council, including the Mayor are compensated $700 per month, pursuant to Ordinance No. 1848.
They have a choice to belong to CalPERS or PARS and in either case, the current City Council pays 100% of their cost for the pension plan. The City only pays the employer portion of that cost.
Council members are provided with a City paid $50,000 life insurance policy (currently costs $9.75 per month per person). State law permits part time Council Members to be eligible for health benefits. If City Council Members choose to avail themselves of this benefit, medical benefits are provided to a current maximum of $904.82 per month and dental benefits are provided to a current maximum of $64.82 per month.
In compliance with Government Code sections 12463 and 53892, the City filed, with the California State Controller’s office, various compensation information City Council members employed during the most recently completed calendar year. Click here to see to visit California State Controller website.
As required by State law, members of the City Council annually file a Statement of Economic Interests (California Form 700). They are currently available for review at City Hall in the City Clerk’s Office. In addition, Campaign Statements are currently posted on the City’s website.
Members of the City Council also serve as the City's representative on various regional boards, such as League of California Cities, Sanitation District, and the Goldline Construction Authority. A couple of these boards pay representatives a nominal fee for attendance at meetings.
|CITY BOARD MEMBER COMPENSATION|
Interested applicants are appointed by the City Council. Appointees serve at the pleasure of the Council, and in some cases, may not serve more than two terms without a break in service.
Members of these boards and commissions receive no compensation or fees for services.
|CITY EMPLOYEE COMPENSATION|
|CITY MANAGER DUTIES and COMPENSATION|
Glendora Municipal Code 2.08.070 states that the City Manager is the administrative head of the City, under the direction and control of the City Council. He or she is responsible for the administration of all the affairs of the City. Click here to see the City Manager’s job description.
Glendora Municipal Code 2.08.010 states that the City Manager shall be appointed by the City Council wholly on the basis of his or her administrative and executive ability and qualifications, and shall hold office for and during the pleasure of the City Council.
Glendora Municipal Code 2.08.020 states that residence in the City at the time of appointment of a City Manager shall not be required as a condition of the appointment, but, no person shall hold the office of City Manager unless such person resides within the regulated response time as prescribed by City Council.
The City Manager’s terms of employment, including compensation and benefits, are through an employment agreement. Click on the link below to read the agreement and related documents. All agreements are approved in a public meeting.
The City Manager pays 100% of his share of the cost for his CalPERS retirement plan. The City pays ONLY the employer’s share of the cost.
|CITY ATTORNEY SERVICES|
The City Attorney is NOT a City employee. City Attorney services are provided through an agreement. Click here to see the agreement.
|DEPARTMENT DIRECTOR COMPENSATION|
Glendora Municipal Code 2.09.060 states that the City Manager is the appointing authority for all positions (except City Manager and City Attorney), including the City Clerk and City Treasurer. Appointment of Department Directors shall be subject to ratification by the City Council. Click here to see the department director job descriptions.
The terms of employment, including compensation and benefits (which cannot exceed the City Council approved Salary & Benefit Schedule for Department Directors), of the following positions are through an employment agreement.
Below, please find links to the employment contracts for these employees and related information.
- Resolution 2016-29: Department Director's Revised Salary and Benefits Schedule
- Resolution 2014-03: Department Director's Salary Increases
- Department Directors: Voluntary Elimination of Administrative Leave as of 7/1/12
- Resolution 2010-16: Department Director’s paying 100% of employee cost for CalPERS pension plan
- Resolution 2011-13: Department Director Revised Salary and Benefit Schedule, Administrative Leave Eliminated
- City Clerk/Communication Director's Employment Contract
- Community Services Director's Employment Contract
- Finance Director/City Treasurer's Employment Contract
- Human Resources and Risk Management Director's Employment Contract (VACANT POSITION)
- Library Director's Employment Contract
- Community Development Director (Formerly Planning Director) Contract
- Police Chief's Employment Contract
- Public Works Director's Employment Contract ( VACANT POSITION)
|CITY EMPLOYEE ASSOCIATION GROUPS|
The City of Glendora has four employee association groups. Please click the links below to read each association’s memorandum of understanding (MOU), memorandum of agreement (MOA), and other related documents.
1. The Glendora Police Management Association (PMA) includes the sworn managers in the police department.
- Glendora Police Management Association July 2018 - June 2020 MOU
- Resolution CC 2018-38 Approving MOU with GPMA
2. The Glendora Police Officers Association (POA) includes the sworn employees in the police department.
- Glendora Police Officers Association July 2017 - June 2019 MOU
- Glendora Police Officers Association Tentative Agreement
3. The Glendora Management Association (GMA) includes the non-sworn mid-level managers and non-sworn confidential employees.
- Glendora Management Association July 1, 2016-June 30, 2019
- Resolution CC 2019-25 and Side Letter Agreement to the 2016-19 GMA MOU
- Glendora Management Association Tentative Agreement
4. The American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees Local 3915 (AFSCME) includes all other non-sworn employees.
- American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees Local 3915 (AFSCME) Amended and Restated 2016-2019 MOU
- AFSCME Local 3915 Tentative Agreement
|ADDITIONAL SOURCES of INFORMATION|
- Salary Schedule for all City positions
- Job Descriptions for all City positions, including City Manager and Department Directors
In compliance with Government Code sections 12463 and 53892, the City filed, with the California State Controller’s office, various compensation information on all permanent employees employed during the most recently completed calendar year. Click here to visit the California State Controller website.