Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Who is responsible for conducting City elections?

Normally, the City Clerk's Office conducts General Municipal Elections for the City of Glendora. This election, the Glendora City Clerk and the County Registrar of Voters will share responsibility for City elections.

When are elections held in the City of Glendora?

Elections for Council Members are held the 1stTuesday after the 1stMonday of March in odd-numbered years. The next City election will be held March 7, 2017 and voters will elect two Council Members.

What do I need to do to become a candidate for the next City election? When can I obtain the required forms?

To become a candidate in the next City election, you must first be a registered voter and reside in the City at the time nomination forms are issued to you.

A nomination petition must be signed by not less than 20 nor more than 30 registered Glendora voters. A voter may sign as many nomination papers as there are seats to be filled. In this election there are two seats to be filled. The nomination period for this election was November 14, 2016 through December 9, 2016, 5:00 p.m.

Nomination Papers as well as all other official documents and forms required to run for office are provided by the City Clerk.

Where do I get the required forms to start a campaign committee? What forms do I need?

You may obtain the required forms in the City Clerk's Office, 116 E. Foothill Boulevard, or you may download the forms available online at the Fair Political Practices Commission website at FPPC.CA.Gov

The forms required include:

1. Form 501: Candidate Intention Form - To start the candidate process.

When to file: File before you solicit or receive any contributions or before you make expenditures from personal funds on behalf of your candidacy.

Where to file: Original filed with the City Clerk's Office.

2. Form 410: Campaign Committee Form - If raising or spending $2,000* or more.

When to file: File within 10 days of receiving $2,000 in contributions. The date this form is postmarked is the date it is considered filed.

Where to file: Original filed with Secretary of State. Copy given to City Clerk's Office.

*The personal funds of a candidate or officeholder used in connection with seeking or holding elective office are contributions and are counted toward qualifying as a recipient committee. However, personal funds used to pay a candidate filing fee or a fee for the statement of qualifications to appear in the ballot pamphlet are not counted toward the $2,000 threshold.

Does the City of Glendora have campaign contribution limits?

The City of Glendora follows the guidelines for campaign contributions as set forth in the State of California Elections Code, see FPPC Manual 2 Campaign Disclosure, Chapter 4, Section A,FPPC.CA.Gov

Where do I get election results? How long does it take to count the ballots?

Election night 

At 8:00 p.m. on Election Day, the polls close. All ballots from the polling places are taken to the Los Angeles County Registrar Recorder Office in Norwalk which will be the Central Counting Place for the March, 2017 election. Here, ballots are counted by a ballot counting machine. Ballot counting continues until all ballots received from the polling places are tallied.

Semi-final results will be continuously updated and displayed on the County’s website throughout elections night and during the Official Canvass Process. City of Glendora Elections Results page provides a link to previous election results as well as a link to the L.A. County Registrar of Voters where you can check election results.


Following election night, canvass operations begin on Wednesday, March 8, 2017 and continue daily, including Saturdays and Sundays, until the election is certified. Ballot counting is open to the public. For the canvas schedule click here.  

Since the March, 2017 election is a consolidated election, the County Registrar of Voters will complete and certify results no later than the fourth Friday after the election (EC§ 10262), which is tentatively scheduled for March 31, 2017.

Certifying Election Results 

Election results will then be presented to the Los Angeles Board of Supervisors who are tentatively scheduled to declare the election results official on April 4, 2017. At the following regularly scheduled Glendora City Council meeting, the City Clerk will report election results to the Glendora City Council, adopt a resolution declaring the results, and administer the oath of office to newly-elected officials.

How do I become a registered voter in Glendora?

Any person who is 18 years of age or older and a citizen of the U.S. can register to vote by filling out a Voter Registration form. It is required that you file a new form each time you move or have a name change. You must be registered to vote at least 15 days prior to the election in which you intend to vote. Check the L.A. County Registrar of Voters website at LAVote.Net for further information.Registration forms are available at the following locations:

City of Glendora
City Clerk's Office

116 E. Foothill Boulevard
Glendora, CA 91741

Glendora Library
140 S. Glendora Avenue
Glendora, CA 91741

Glendora Post Office
255 S. Glendora Avenue
Glendora, CA 91740


Official Sample Ballot booklets include a printed vote by mail application on the back cover page.

Voters who wish to vote by mail must submit a written request for a ballot no later than 7 days prior to Election Day. If you will be unable to vote in person on election day, promptly complete and sign the application for a vote by mail ballot and return it to:

P.O. BOX 30450
GLENDORA, CA 91741-0000

To print or download a Vote-By-Mail Ballot Application

Permanent Vote-By-Mail Voter Status

Under state law, a voter may apply for permanent vote by mail status. As a permanent vote by mail voter, you will no longer have to apply for future elections. A ballot will automatically be mailed to you for each election in which you are eligible to vote. A spouse or other person who resides with you may also want to apply for permanent vote by mail status.

As of January 1, 2006 and pursuant to SB 39, a voter’s name shall be deleted from the permanent vote-by-mail voter list if he or she fails to return a vote by mail ballot for two (2) consecutive statewide general elections.

You may request an application for Permanent Vote-By-Mail status by calling (562) 466-1323 or writing:

P.O. BOX 30450
LOS ANGELES, CA 90030-0450

To print or download a Vote-By-Mail Ballot Application

On Election Day, how and where do I vote?

Before the March 2017 election, the Los Angeles County Registrar of Voters will send every registered voter a Voter Information Guide "Sample Ballot" that lists the candidates and tells the voters where to find his/her polling place. On Election Day,you need to go to the polling place indicated on the pamphlet. Election workers at the polls will check the roster for your name, and will also show you how to use the voting equipment, if necessary. If you lost your sample ballot or are not sure where your polling place is, you can log onto the L.A. County Registrar Recorder's website and find your polling place or print out a sample ballot.