Judy M. Nelson
Term: 3/15 - 3/20
Judy was elected to the City Council in 2011, served as Mayor in 2014 and was re-elected in 2015. She is guided by the principles of small government, limited regulation, low taxation and protection of personal freedom. She encourages open communication of issues and citizen participation in local governance.
Judy received a B.S. Degree in Occupational Therapy from Texas Woman’s University. She and her husband, Byron, have lived in Glendora since 1980. They have four grown children and four grandchildren.
Judy serves as a representative on the following agencies:
- The National Forest Foundation’s San Gabriel Mountains National Monument Community Collaborative
- The Rivers and Mountains Conservancy, representing the San Gabriel Valley Water Association
- The City of Azusa/Rivers and Mountains Conservancy Joint Powers Authority
Judy is a delegate to:
- The San Gabriel Valley Council of Governments, serving on the Water and the Energy, Environment and Natural Resources committees
- The Contract Cities Association, serving on the Legislative Committee
Judy is an alternate delegate to:
- The Southern California Council of Governments, serving on the Energy and Environment Committee
- The League of California Cities, serving on the LA Division Legislative Committee and the State Environmental Quality Committee
- The San Gabriel Valley Water Association
- The Water Quality Authority