Business Assistance Program

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Economic Development Loan - Grant

For more information about the programs, contact the Assistant to the City Manager, Valerie Escalante, at    (626) 914-8292 or via email at

What is it:

  • A forgivable loan program that compliments the Glendora Economic Action Plan
  • Provides financial assistance to new and existing businesses to start or expand their business
  • Funded through the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
  • Stimulates the economic vitality of the City through job creation and sales tax

Who Qualifies:

  • Micro-Enterprises
  • Small Businesses


  • Meet with the CDBG National Objective: provide a benefit to Low-to Moderate-Income Persons (LMI) through the form of job creation

Once compliance has been met for a twelve month period, the funds awarded will be forgiven. In the event of default, repayment will be required.

Limited funds are available. Project funding is on a first-come, first-served basis while program funding is available.  For more information, please call the Assistant to the City Manager at (626) 914-8292 or review the following:

More About the Loan-Grant Policy

More Loan-Grant Information and Evaluation Standards

Micro-Enterprise Program

Small Business Loan

Business Size:

5 or less employees (including owner)

Business Size:

More than 5 employees

Program limits:

$5,000 to $25,000

Program limits:

Program limits: $25,000 to $75,000


Job Creation unless the owner certifies their status as LMI.


One Job Created per $25,000 of funds received.

Both Micro-Enterprise Program and Small Business Loan

Use of Funds:

Equipment/Machinery Purchase and Installation; Inventory; Working Capital; Start-Up Costs; Tenant Improvements; Exterior Improvements.

CDBG Requirements:

Funds are provided to for-profit businesses to benefit a low- to moderate- income person, and/or to create one full time equivalent job for each loan awarded.

Compliance: Business will provide quarterly reports to the City to ensure compliance.
Business Contribution: The program will cover up to 75% of eligible project costs, with the business required to show proof of funds for the remaining 25%. Example: If eligible costs are $40,000, the business will contribute $10,000, while the program will provide $30,000.
Collateral:  Collateral will be required.  Forms of collateral considered can include: Lien on real property; Vehicle Title; Security Interest on equipment or inventory; Personal /business guarantee.

If you are interested in the Economic Development Loan/Grant Program, please contact the Assistant to the City Manager at (626) 914-8292 or via email at to discuss your project.